Terms and Conditions of Operation
- Payment of the Open Studios Registration Fee shall entitle the artist, gallery or educational establishment to:
- A minimum of one third-page entry in the Open Studios Directory of Artists, as may be made available, dependent upon the fee paid;
- Representation in the Open Studios INSIGHT exhibition, as may be made available, dependent upon the fee paid and conditional upon completion of a minimum of one stewarding session during the exhibition;
- A supply of copies of the Open Studios Directory of Artists, as may be made available, without further charge;
- A supply of other marketing materials (e.g. posters) as may be made available by the Open Studios Committee, without further charge;
- An entry on the Open Studios Website which will be publicly visible for twelve months from the first Monday in January of the relevant year.
- Registrations and entries incomplete after the December closing date may be withdrawn, with or without compensation, at the discretion of the Open Studios Committee.
- The Open Studios Committee reserve all editorial rights over the entries and content, to remove that which they deem offensive and to uphold that to which objection is deemed to be unreasonable or mischievous.
- Responsibility to ensure that no work displayed is in breach of copyright law shall remain solely with the artist, as will the liability for any penalty arising in respect of any such breach.
- Selection and arrangement of items for exhibitions organised by the Open Studios Committee is solely at the discretion of the Open Studios Committee’s Exhibition Curators. The decision on inclusion will rest with the Curators and is final. No discussion will be entered into and artwork must not be removed or replaced until conclusion of the exhibition.
- Selection of images, text or advertisements for inclusion in the Open Studios marketing and promotional material including the Open Studios Directory of Artists, Galleries and Exhibitions is solely at the discretion of the Open Studios Committee. No royalties will be paid for such inclusion.
- For all new entrants to the Open Studios Scheme there is a selection procedure and the decision of the Open Studios Committee is final.
- In setting the rates of payment of the Registration Fee the Open Studios Committee shall allow discounted rates to be charged to Educational and Ecclesiastical establishments.
- The responsibility for ensuring that adequate insurance is arranged to cover the cost of loss or damage to artworks submitted for display at exhibitions, or other events, rests with the artist.
- Under the auspices of Open Studios, no artist shall open to public view any studio, workshop or other premises without adequate public liability cover in place. Responsibility for this protection shall remain solely with the artist.
- Whilst every effort will be made by the Open Studios Committee to protect the works of art submitted to it by individuals and organisations, it cannot at any time accept any responsibility for the condition or security of such items. Further, the Open Studios Committee cannot be held responsible for the condition or security of such items whilst in transit to or from galleries, venues, educational and ecclesiastical establishments, the Open Studios offices, the Press and other media establishments or the premises of suppliers to the Open Studios Committee.