Terms and Conditions of Operation
- Payment of the Open Studios Registration Fee shall entitle the artist, gallery, venue or educational establishment to:
- A minimum of one third-page entry in the Open Studios Directory of Artists, Galleries and Exhibitions, dependent upon the fee paid;
- Guaranteed representation in the Open Studios INSIGHT exhibition, dependent upon the fee paid;
- A supply of copies of the Open Studios Directory of Artists, Galleries and Exhibitions without further charge;
- A supply of other marketing materials (e.g. posters) as may be made available by the Open Studios Committee, without further charge;
- Online registration discounts only apply to entries registered and fully completed via the online facilities.
- Registrations and entries incomplete after the December closing date may be withdrawn, with or without compensation, at the discretion of the Open Studios Committee.
- Selection of items for exhibitions organised by the Open Studios Committee is solely at the discretion of the Open Studios Committee’s Exhibition Curators. Final decision on inclusion will rest with the Curators.
- Selection of images, text or advertisements for inclusion in the Open Studios marketing and promotional material including the Open Studios Directory of Artists, Galleries and Exhibitions is solely at the discretion of the Open Studios Committee. No royalties will be paid for such inclusion.
- For all new entrants to the Open Studios Scheme there is a selection procedure and the decision of the Open Studios Committee is final.
- In setting the rates of payment of the Registration Fee the Open Studios Committee shall allow discounted rates to be charged to Educational and Ecclesiastical establishments;
- The responsibility for ensuring adequate insurance is arranged to cover the cost of loss or damage to artworks submitted for display at exhibitions, or other events, rests with the artist.
- The responsibility to ensure adequate public liability insurance cover is arranged to protect members of the public visiting the artist’s studios or workshop rests with the artist.
- Whilst every effort will be made by the Open Studios Committee to protect the works of art submitted to it by individuals and organisations, it cannot at any time accept any responsibility for the condition or security of such items. Further, the Open Studios Committee cannot be held responsible for the condition or security of such items whilst in transit to or from galleries, venues, educational and ecclesiastical establishments, the Open Studios offices, the Press and other media establishments or the premises of suppliers to the Open Studios Committee.