Handing-in Day 2019 at 'The Base'
Sunday 28th April 10am – 1pm
As you know, this is our first year in our new home at The Base and we're very much feeling our way. As the only non National Travelling Exhibition, we really should be trying to make a name for ourselves and with this in mind it's vital that the standard of our work is the best it can possibly be. So, please ensure that in your interest, you present your very best work for curation at INSIGHT.
- If you can't deliver your work, ask someone else to do this for you.
- Please make sure you are familiar with our Terms and Conditions particularly about insuring your work.
- A registration form and labels are available here. Please make sure they accompany your work.
- A luggage label should be attached to the back of 2D pieces so that it can hang over the front of the frame, with full details as on labels. This is to aid hanging and cataloguing. It will be removed once the work has been hung.
- 3D artists should attach a label to the underneath of their work.
- All labels must be written in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- If you haven’t already signed up for INSIGHT stewarding, please bring your diary with you.
There are some big changes here from past years. This is what we need from you:
- You can submit 2 pieces of your best work.
- Please do not submit a diptych as one piece of work.
- We guarantee to display at least 1 of your two pieces. If one of your pieces is not displayed we will contact you by Wednesday 1st May so you can arrange collection.
- You must fix D-Rings to the vertical edges of the frame, one third down from the top of the work. Then connect the D rings with tight wire or picture hanging cord. No mirror plates.
- You can submit 3 pieces of your best work.
- We guarantee to display at least 2 of your three pieces. If one of your pieces is not displayed I will contact you by Wednesday 1st May so you can arrange collection.
Please supply your own plinth which must be rectangular/square, wooden and matt-white. This must be of good quality. Please name your plinth on the underside.
We have glass cabinets for the display of jewellery and other fragile work.
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday 28th April 10am – 1pm.
n.b. We cannot accept work before or after this time.